The 2019 Will Eisner Comic Industry Award Nominations have been announced and we are delighted to let you know that two of our books are on the list!
Best Academic/Scholarly Work
- Between Pen and Pixel: Comics, Materiality, and the Book of the Future, by Aaron Kashtan (Ohio State University Press)
- Breaking the Frames: Populism and Prestige in Comics Studies, by Marc Singer (University of Texas Press)
- The Goat-Getters: Jack Johnson, the Fight of the Century, and How a Bunch of Raucous Cartoonists Reinvented Comics, by Eddie Campbell (Library of American Comics/IDW/Ohio State University Press)
- Incorrigibles and Innocents, by Lara Saguisag (Rutgers Univeristy Press)
- Sweet Little C*nt: The Graphic Work of Julie Doucet, by Anne Elizabeth Moore (Uncivilized Books)
Best Archival Collection/Project—Strips
- Pogo, vol. 5: Out of This World At Home, by Walt Kelly, edited by Mark Evanier and Eric Reynolds (Fantagraphics)
- Sky Masters of the Space Force: The Complete Sunday Strips in Color (1959–1960), by Jack Kirby, Wally Wood et al., edited by Ferran Delgado (Amigo Comics)
- Star Wars: Classic Newspaper Strips, vol. 3, by Archie Goodwin and Al Williamson, edited by Dean Mullaney (Library of American Comics/IDW)
- The Temple of Silence: Forgotten Words and Worlds of Herbert Crowley, by Justin Duerr (Beehive Books
- Thimble Theatre and the Pre-Popeye Comics of E. C. Segar, edited by Peter Maresca (Sunday Press)
The winners will be announced at the Eisner Awards ceremony at the San Diego Comic-Con on Friday, July 19 at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel.